Tasting Penn Cove: Coupeville’s Mussel Mingle
5:30pm-8:30pm – Coupeville Rec Hall
Join us for “Prairie Dog” Polish dogs, savory Penn Cove mussels prepared by Serendipity Catering, wine selected by bayleaf and Flyers’ famous house brews. Live music by Broken Banjo. Tickets ($25) go on sale Monday, February 13th at the Coupeville Chamber of Commerce, Aqua, and bayleaf. Must be 21+ with a valid ID.
Mussel Farm Tours
10:30am–5pm (Sat) & 11am-3pm (Sun)
Tour leaves from the dock @ the Coupeville Wharf
Visit the Penn Cove Shellfish Farm. Tours last 1 hour and are led by Penn Cove Shellfish staff. Last boat leaves at 5pm. Tickets ($10) sold at MusselFest Headquarters (Coupeville Rec Hall). First 100 kids ride for FREE with a paying adult. Youth tickets sponsored by Front Street Grill.
So what’s the story on this Mussel Chowder Tasting Competition?
Mussel Chowder Tasting
Visit local restaurants and guest partner chefs, sample their secret mussel chowder recipes and vote for your favorite. Tickets sell out quickly! Be sure to purchase them when you first arrive at the festival. Tickets ($10) go on sale at 10am at MusselFest Headquarters (Coupeville Rec Hall). Please note that the “Tasting” does not begin until 11am.
Here is how this works:
- You buy a tasting ticket, or tickets if you are really feeling your inner Jeffrey Steingarten coming on.
- Receive your festival commemorative cup. Don’t worry – you don’t have to use this on the Chowder trail; chowder samples are served in disposable cups.
- Travel your ticket’s tasting route throughout Coupeville aboard the Mussel Shuttles, courtesy of Whidbey/SeaTac Shuttle.
- Vote for your favorite on your tasting ticket and drop it off at the Shell Shocked? booth in the heart of the MusselFest Headquarters (i.e. Rec Hall).
- Like us on Facebook and be the first to know when we announce the weekend’s Chowder Tasting winner.
Front Street Grill
Captain Whidbey Inn
Knead & Feed
Penn Cove Tap Room
Penn Cove Water Festival
Coupeville Coffee & Bistro
Economic Development Foundation