InformationWhat you need to know
Can I buy Mussel Chowder Tasting Tickets Now?
Unfortunately, we are not able to pre-sell tickets for the Mussel Chowder Tasting. Tickets go on sale at 10am at the Coupeville Rec Hall aka MusselFest Headquarters. Be sure to purchase these when you first arrive at the festival as they sell out quickly.
Can I bring my dog, cat, pet rock?
The Penn Cove MusselFest is an outdoor event and pets are allowed. We ask that you use the trash receptacles and clean up after your pets. Also be respectful of other guests and keep your pets on a leash. Unfortunately, pets are not permitted in the beer/wine gardens, inside retail shops or restaurants, on the mussel farm tour boat or inside the children’s activities building.
I love MusselFest! Do you have MusselFest merchandise?
Yes, we do!
Merchandise is now available for purchase at the Coupeville Chamber of Commerce (360.678.5434) and will also be available at MusselFest Headquarters (Rec Hall) festival weekend.
- 2017 Poster — $5
- Prior year posters (2009-2016) — $5
- MusselFest Tattoo — $1
- 2017 T-Shirts — $20
- 2017 Hooded Sweatshirts — $40
- MusselFest Women’s V-Neck
- T-shirts — $20
- MusselFest Full Zip Sweatshirt — $40
- MusselFest 1/4 Zip Sweatshirt – $45
- MusselFest Kid’s T-shirts — $15
- MusselFest Trucker ball caps — $20
- MusselFest ball caps — $20
- MusselFest knit beanies — $15
Who do I contact?
Where can I get cash?
Where can I park?
Parking at these locations is $5
- Parking available on Alexander Street, next to the Coupeville Sno-Isle Library
- All proceeds go to the Coupeville Boys & Girls Club
- Bus parking available – contact 360.678.5434 prior to the festival for more information.
Where can I park for free?
- Coupeville Elementary, 6 S Main St, Coupeville (free Mussel Shuttle will take you downtown; runs 11am-4pm)
- Island County Campus, 1 NE 7th St, Coupeville (free Mussel Shuttle will take you downtown; runs 11am-4pm)
- Coupeville High School Parking Lots, 501 S. Main Street, Coupeville (free Mussel Shuttle will take you downtown; runs 11am-4pm)wn; runs 11am-4pm)
- Coupeville Prairie Station Transit Park, 201 S. Main Street, Coupeville (free Mussel Shuttle will take you downtown; runs 11am-4pm)
What if it rains or snows?
We are like the US Postal Service – “Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds.” We will be here celebrating our beloved indigo, sweet Penn Cove Mussels. So pull on your Grunden bibs, buy a MusselFest hoodie and slurp up a bowl of savory Mussels. This is March on Whidbey!
I'm not a fan of mussels. Will there be anything else to eat?
You are not a fan of mussels … yet. We have the whole weekend to convert your tastebuds. If you just can’t get there despite our best efforts, there are a variety of other dining options in and around town.